Below please find some information on eligibility for entering KSTU for the first year students.
Extract from “Enrolment requirements” (Approved by the Scientific Council of KSTU on 27 April 2004)
- Enrolment of students for the first year of studies is accomplished in accordance with the annually approved plan which defines the quantity of students entering the University for the full time, part-time, and distance forms of studies, including:
* Number of students for free studies (paid from the federal budget of the Russian Federation);
* Number of students for contractual studies (paying tuition fee from their own budget or budgets of their companies).
The plan can also stipulate for the matriculation of students with the previous vocational training in the relevant specialization for educating in the frame of accelerated training.
- Students eligible for free education (federal budget) are:
* Citizens of the Russian Federation;
* Citizens of Byelorussia;
* Compatriots from countries – former USSR republics;
* Foreign citizens (according to international agreements), (matriculation is conducted in line with the Procedure of enrolment and training of foreign citizens in higher and secondary education institutions of the Russian Federation of 10.04.1996)
- Citizens of foreign states (except of those enlisted in Article 5d) are matriculated:
* Within the scheduled figures in accordance with courses determined by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation (в пределах контрольных цифр приема по направлениям Минобразования России (matriculation is conducted in line with the Procedure of enrolment and training of foreign citizens in higher and secondary education institutions of the Russian Federation of 10.04.1996);
* In accordance with direct agreements between the University and juridical or physical persons on training on the fee-paying basis.