INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS OF THE UNIVERSITY
Academic and research links have been established with educational and research institutions in Europe, Asia, America and Australia. Perspective scientific collaboration with the Baltic region countries of Poland, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, and England is the most extensive.
The University has been admitting foreign students for over 30 years. More than 500 specialist graduates are overseas students from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Near East.
Training at the University is conducted in Russian, so every foreign student takes a preparatory course offering the Russian language, as well as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. A modern methodology of teaching Russian allows overseas students to further study at the University in the appropriate faculty with no problem.
KSTU students have a possibility to take one-semester courses at partner universities in the frame of exchange programmes. Participation in programmes of various foundations gives a lot more chances to students, post-graduates and teachers to study and up-grade their qualification abroad.
Professors and students of the University take part in international conferences, seminars, and exhibitions. The University also holds international conferences and seminars with Russian and foreign specialists invited.
- 15-20 foreign delegations visit KSTU for the development of scientific, academic, and industrial relations.
- 5-10 students participate in training programmes of foreign institutions.
- 150-250 post-graduate students, professors and employees go to business trips abroad for participation in conferences, exhibitions, as well as probations at partner universities and industry.
- up to 50 Polish and 100 Lithuanian visas are issued at General Consulates of the named countries.
- up to 20 foreign passports are issued at the Representation of the Foreign Affairs Ministry of the Russian Federation in Kaliningrad.
- up to 30 visa invitations (in addition to academic visas) at the Representation of the Foreign Affairs Ministry of the Russian Federation in Kaliningrad.
- up to 100 students participate in programmes of the International Exchange Centre (New-York) working in various countries during summer vacations.